Monday, January 2, 2012

HELLO SOUTH KOREA & Girl's Generation: 다시 만난 세계

WELL it's official! Starting this February I will be an English Teacher in South Korea. I am very excited and grateful for this opportunity and look forward to all the new experiences I will have over the next year! While the lyrics do not exactly fit my recent news, the single album in this post does deal with new beginnings and was one of my first introductions to Korea outside of textbooks! 소녀시대 or Girls' Generation, debuted with this single album, translating as "Into the New World", in 2007 and have since gone on to become internationally recognized and arguably the face of modern K-pop. This is one of the first songs that got me into K-pop and I can not believe how much it is changed over the last 4 years and how many people now are familiar with K-pop in general. While its not the golden age, I do miss the image and feel of the mid 2000's K-pop but it has been fun watching the progression of groups like Girls' Generation since their debuts. Anyway, enough talk, enjoy and soon I will be blogging from South Korea!

다시 만난 세계 (2007)

1. 다시 만난 세계 (Into The New World)
2. Beginning
3. Perfect For You (소원)
4. 다시 만난 세계 (instrumental)
5. 다시 만난 세계 (Remix)


No comments: